O-2 Visa


O-2 visas are offered to support personnel of O-1 Visa holders in the fields of athletics, entertainment, motion picture and television production. This status is not applicable to personnel in the sciences, business or education.

Your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 are permitted to accompany you to the United States, under an O-3 status. The petitioner should file a petition on their behalf. Your dependents must prove immediate relation to you. Though they are not allowed to work while in the U.S., dependants may attend school or college.


The O-2 Visa must be petitioned by a U.S. employer, U.S. agent or foreign employer through a U.S. agent. Your petitioner should file-in Form I-129 with INS with jurisdiction over the state in which you intend to work. The form should be filed-in at least six months before you plan to begin working.

More than one O-2 application may be included on the same petition, if all parties are helping the same O-1 applicant for the same events or performances, during the same period of time and at the same location.


Applicants must provide the following documents:

  1. A filled-in visa application Form OF-156.
  2. One recent photograph 1 & 1/2 inches square (37mm x 37mm) of each applicant, with the entire face visible. The picture should be taken before a light background and without head covering.
  3. A passport, valid for travel to the United States for at least six months longer than your intended visit.
  4. Establishment of the demonstration of nonimmigrant intent. You must prove that you will return to your home country.
  5. An official agreement between you and the petitioner detailing the terms and conditions of the services.
  6. An agreement between you and the O-1 visa holder that proves your professional relationship.
  7. Proof of a previous professional relationship with the O-1 visa holder.
  8. Proof that you are capable of assisting the O-1 visa holder.