FAYE Y. LAU
Faye Lau joined the firm as an associate and enjoys the practice of immigration law. As an immigrant herself from Hong Kong, Faye speaks both Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese.
Faye focuses her practice on business immigration law, H-1B, L-1, O, as well as E treaty traders, and B-1 business visitors. She successfully assisted medical doctors, researchers, veterinarians, game developers, artists, financial analysts, and real estate developers to obtain temporary work visas or green cards. Faye successfully obtained “extraordinary ability” classification for numerous artists and video game engineers. Faye is also well-versed in traditional services in immigration, such as family based immigration, K fiancée visas, H-1B, L-1, TN, and labor certifications, as well as innovative solutions such as O-1 for extraordinary individuals.
Faye possesses in depth knowledge with the rapidly changing Immigrant Investor Program also known as EB-5. She has helped both individual investors in obtaining green cards through their investments in regional centers and businesses in creating and submitting regional center proposals.
In addition to her extensive knowledge as an immigration lawyer, Faye is a compassionate advocate, a great listener, and a patient counsel. She is an avid traveler and enjoys meeting people from different cultures. This led her to working for a law firm in Hong Kong and her current practice in immigration law. From Seattle University School of Law, Faye was awarded the Presidential Law Scholarship and her Juris Doctorate, cum laude
- Seattle University School of Law (Juris Doctorate, cum laude, 2009)
- University of Washington (Bachelors of Arts in Business Administration, 2004)
- University of Washington (Bachelors of Science in Economics, 2004)
- Member of Washington State Bar Association
- Associate Attorney at ChappelWang, PLLC (Seattle, Washington)
- Law Clerk at Isaacson & Wilson P.S. (Seattle, Washington)
- Law Clerk at Weir & Associates (Hong Kong, China)
- Volunteer Attorney at Cross-Cultural Family Law Clinic.